The Big Day
We've been waiting for this moment at Crisp for a long time. Mobile advertising has long been recognized as having the greatest global potential for delivering reach and scale for brands. It was not, however, until recently that we at Crisp started noticing something great. Big, full-screen Crisp ads that had always been in English started showing up in Chinese on our test iPads here in our Midtown HQ in NYC.
Yesterday's post in TechCrunch about Crisp’s new round of funding, led by a new investor, EDBI of Singapore, was a great reminder to us all that Crisp is ready to help its publishers bring great brand experiences to a lot more iPhone, iPad and Android devices around the world, starting right now.
Crisp, together with the other ORMMA.org pioneers, is working together closely with IAB and MMA working groups on bringing the necessary standardization initiatives and best practices to the attention of agencies, ad tech companies and publishers.
That means that as more publisher and ad network ad servers become compliant with some key standards (like IAB’s MRAID), brands will be able to run ads like they do in desktop advertising, without friction and with an even wider geographic distribution than ever before -- especially since the iOS and Android platforms are growing globally much faster than any other platforms ever have. Starting now, the model of competition in mobile advertising is about what it should be, creating the most dynamic advertising possible.
Stay tuned for news about Crisp Engage next week. Crisp Engage is launching its Charter Program, and we are calling on creative agencies who’d like to show off their HTML5 skills, or play with some of the templates we’ve been building over the past two years to create brand experiences for mobile apps and browsers.
Trackback URL for this post:
- Naftali Goldsmith Named One of Business Insider's Most Creative People in Mobile Advertising
- Where Google Misses the Mark for Premium Publishers
- Jason Young, CEO of Crisp Media Discusses the Future of Mobile Advertising
- 2 Billion Impressions Served!
- Jason Young, Crisp Media CEO, Discusses Advertising's Great Mobile Opportunity
- Jason Young, Crisp Media CEO, Pens Mobile Advice for Publishers: Building a Mobile Platform? Time to Burn the Boats
- Exuberant Adoption: iOS 6 will dominate rich media ad traffic by end of week
- Why Brands Shouldn't Discount the Mobile Web
- CTO Xavier Facon talks to ME about brands' engagement with advanced ad campaigns.
- Jason Young, CEO of Crisp Media Discusses Mobile Best Practices with BMA